We provide a unique learning environment.
Lisa Kerley Bsc KPA-CTP has been training dogs and teaching classes for over 19 years.
- She is certified by Karen Pryor Academy, an internationally recognized organization, and Graduated with Distinction.
- Lisa attends conferences across North America to provide clients with the most up-to-date information and methods.
- Dog Days hosts international speakers and clinicians to offer the best in their field for clients.
- Small class sizes assure all students get the attention and time they need.
This all adds up to informative, interesting and enjoyable learning.
Benefit from a certified, experienced trainer.
We use Force-Free Training Methods.
We do not use or suggest the use of choke collars, prong collars, electric shock collars, electric fencing or other tools or methods of force-based training. We believe in the proper use of learning theory and teaching dogs in ways that build skills and confidence, and develop great relationships. It’s fun, fast and efficient – and you know what? It lasts a lifetime!
Click on a class for more information and upcoming schedules.
Join our group puppy classes and puppy socials. Our 6-week set of classes is designed to help you make the most of your puppy’s early socialization period to prepare you and your puppy for the challenges of daily life. Lots of one-on-one help with fun, interactive games and activities – and always time to ask questions too!
babyBrats© for Adolescent Dogs
Have fun in our series of group classes for adolescent dogs designed to give you the skills to navigate the late puppyhood stages with your dog. We focus on teaching impulse control, focus, attention, the beginning steps of a successful recall, polite greeting skills and leash walking. Attention to social skills and time to play too!
Brats© Basic Obedience and Socializing
This is a 6-week class for friendly and social dogs who are just starting to learn some basic obedience or a class for dogs who may already have some obedience skills but just want some different ways to practice and improve their training. Focus will be on teaching you how to train a skill from start to finish. Additionally, we will be working on honing your dog’s social skills and working in some different indoor and outdoor environments to add to their list of socializing experiences.
Brats Partnership© for All Dogs
6 weekly group classes focusing on Basic Obedience, Manners, and Real Life Problem Solving Strategies.Practice solutions to situations you encounter every day with your dog. Join us in a fun, unique and interactive classroom environment. Classes are suitable for dogs of any age.
6 weekly group classes focusing on Basic Obedience but throwing in a twist – Tricks! We include training for a variety of tricks designed to help make working with your dog even more fun. Most of the tricks can be turned into useful obedience skills or vice versa. Classes are suitable for dogs of any age.
Brats Blocks© for All Dogs
Dogs of any age welcome. Each 1 hour group class covers a single topic so that you leave well on your way to success and with the tools you need to help your dog generalize his skills in the “real world”. You name it, we teach it! Some of our popular Topics are: Reliable Recalls; Polite Leash Walking; Go To Your Bed; Scenting Games; Object Targeting; Shaping; Tricks and Games – to name just a few! Check the Calendar for Topics, Dates and Times.
Teach your dog to have great leash skills using fun exercises and activities. This 4-week intensive class is designed for dogs of any age.
Want To Join A Class?
Getting Ready For Class
Getting ready for the first class
Thanks again for choosing our classes.We want to make your first class as comfortable as possible and help you and your young dog get the most out of it.
Please keep these points in mind:
- Your dog should be relaxed and comfortable for class. Vet visits, grooming appointments, and any strenuous activity should be saved for another day.
- Please have your dog in a body harness and a regular collar (buckle or clasp), along with a 4’ or 6’ leash. No retractables please.
- Bring along a mat or towel for your dog’s resting spot. If you forget, no problem. We can provide one.
- Before class, feed only a light portion for your dog’s meal. Bring the remaining portion in a non-breakable container to use as rewards. If possible, you can also bring a higher value treat cut up into VERY small pieces (a fraction of the size of the nail on your little finger).
If your dog is on a raw or fresh diet, you can substitute the remainder of the meal with grain-free or meaty treats.
- You are also welcome to bring a chew, stuffed Kong or something that your dog enjoys to keep them occupied between exercises.
- And please remember that every dog is unique. Although your dog may be a social butterfly, not all those in class may be to start. We kindly ask that you keep your dogs separate while you come into the class. They’ll have lots of opportunities to interact during class, if appropriate. To ensure that none of the dogs feel overwhelmed or learn inappropriate social skills we encourage socializing to take place with the trainer present until you learn to supervise their interactions well. Don’t worry, we’ll get you started on that the first class!
Want to create your own class?
Whether you want to create a class to cater to a specific need, such as a regular hiking group, hold one in your yard, or have it filled with just friends,
Design Your Own is for you!
Contact us for more information.
Our Cancellation Policy
We keep our class sizes small and therefore have the following policy:
– FULL payment due upon registration.
– Refunds ONLY with 5 or more business days notice of cancellation.
– a processing FEE of $30 applies to any refunds granted.
Though I loved Tazo, my Golden Retriever puppy, she was a real handful.
I learned of Lisa, from Dog Days Daycare, from a stranger on the street who was walking a well-behaved young dog.
Even though I was a dog owner in the past, I took an expensive weekend training workshop in the Interior, to ensure I would be able to start training my puppy the day it came home. Unaware there were different philosophies on how to train dogs, I tried hard to be “Alpha Dog” and “demand respect” through a fear based philosophy technique. This is also considered the “old school way” of training. This was not giving my dog or myself the tools we needed to be successful in the training department.
I first brought Tazo to Dog Days Daycare for very limited intervals for our first handful of visits. I instantly noticed an amazing sense of calmness with both Lisa and the environment. There was no need to push out my chest and try and create an aura of dominance as I had learned from my not so helpful workshop. After multiple visits I noticed Tazo was seeming much more balanced and responsive to the techniques used by Lisa. I had clearly found an individual who had a love for animals and a real talent that she was willing to share.
I knew I had to learn more from Lisa. Tazo and I have nearly completed Baby Brats for older dogs and I am feeling as if I now have some extremely valuable tools to continue training and developing my dog into a happy, well balance secure member of my family.
Thank you Lisa and Dog Days!Karen